Dartmoor Auctions are proud to provide estate agents, solicitors, executors and private individuals with a professional and personal service.
Free House Inspection and Consultation
We can meet with clients on site to discuss partial or full house clearances and more specific requirements such as reserves on special items. We can advise which contents should sell at auction and provide an estimated auction value of the contents. This service is free of charge and without obligation.
Dartmoor Auctions are held every quarter at the Jubilee Hall, Chagford, Devon, TQ13 8DP.
Viewing commences at 8:30am on the day, with the auction commencing at 10:00am.
We also hold a preview the evening before at 7:30pm, with complimentary wine and nibbles. There is an opportunity to place left bids and ask any questions when viewing. Many lots have no reserve price and the auction moves on speedily, with the auctioneer getting through approximately 100 lots per hour.
An all day café is available on site and there is a great selection of cafes and restaurants in Chagford.
- Our bidder premium is 15%.
- We do not charge VAT.
- All goods must be removed by the end of the day (approximately 5pm, unless you have purchased online or pre-arranged delivery.)
- All major credit cards are accepted for payment, including American Express.
- You may leave bids if you are not able to stay for the auction. Alternatively, we can arrange telephone bidding, or you can bid live online via Bid on This.
- Our cut-off for acceptance of goods is two weeks before the auction date. We must know about any potential auction goods by then.
- Please contact our office for further information.
- Vendor commission is 20%.
- All bills are settled within 7 days by bank transfer or cheque.